Hodges Badge company, Inc. may be contacted by email at email@example.com or by mail at:
Attention: Privacy Request
Hodges Badge Company, Inc.
205 Clock Tower Square
Portsmouth, RI 02871
If you are a California resident, additional rights you may have are described in detail on the California Privacy Rights page.
Information We Collect
To help us personalize and improve your Hodges Badge experience, we collect certain information when you connect with us, including:
- Information you submit. We may collect information submitted in connection with creating a Customer Account, placing an online/catalog order, making a purchase/return, including your name, unique personal identifier, online identifier, mailing address, email address, postal address, telephone/mobile number, and payment Information. (NOTE: Credit card information is transmitted to our payment processor in an encrypted format using industry standard SSL (secure socket layer) encryption. Credit card numbers are not stored on the website.)
- Information you post on our website or social media. We may collect Information you post or share in a public space on our site, including reviews and ratings, or by participating in a contest, sweepstakes, promotion, or survey.
- Device Information. We may collect the type of device you use to access our website. It may also include your device identification number, IP address or mobile operating system.
- Purchase Information. We collect information about your orders and product purchase history.
- Internet or other Network Activity Information. We may collect information related to your browsing history, search history and other information regarding your interactions with our website or advertisements.
- Other Information. If you use our website, we may collect information about the browser you are using. We may look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us.
- Information provided by public web sites and third parties. For instance, we obtain demographic and other information from companies that can enhance our existing customer information to improve the accuracy and add to the information we have about our customers. This improves our ability to contact you and increases the relevance of our marketing by providing better product recommendations or special offers that may interest you.
This information is used to provide you with products you request. For example, we use your address information to process, track and deliver purchases you make from our website. We will use your email address to communicate with you about your order and to send you marketing emails. You may correct personal information you have provided to us, including your contact information, by contacting customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also create a customer account with us and can update your information by logging into the account and making the changes to your profile.
How We Collect Your Information
We collect information provided directly by our customers, when:
- Making a purchase from our website or catalog
- Creating and managing your online account
- Responding to catalogs, promotional emails, and notifications of upcoming events
- Requesting a catalog
- Viewing advertisements that may be of interest to you
- Writing product reviews
- Interacting with us via social media
- Subscribing to Hodges Badge company, Inc. promotional emails
- Entering a sweepstakes or contest
- Joining our mailing list
- Taking a survey
- Contacting customer service
- Interacting with us via social media platforms
We use this information to continually improve your experiences, from making our website easier to enhancing our products and customer service.
Cookies and Pixel Tags
Certain information about site usage is collected automatically - by cookies, pixel tags, scripts or similar technologies - when you visit our site or open an email that we send. This information may include operating system, device ID, IP address, referring domain, and pages visited. This information is tracked in server logs, and may be used for troubleshooting purposes, or to personalize your experience. Our website also collects aggregate information, such as page views and visits, in an effort to keep our content relevant to our customers.
Information is also collected by cookies, beacons or similar technologies placed by third parties with whom we have contracted. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand and improve our website visitor's experience, and we work with vendors to target our advertising to audiences we think will be most interested in our products.
Some cookies are necessary for our website to work properly and enable you to place an item in your online shopping bag and to place an order on our web site. Other cookies allow us to enhance and personalize your online shopping experience. Here are some examples of what cookies allow us to do:
- Remember what items are in your shopping cart
- Recognize you when you return to our website
- Enable faster checkout if you have created an account at www.hodgesbadge.com
- Understand how you reach our website and which products you are looking for
- Learn whether you opened an email from Hodges Badge Company
- Deliver personalized marketing from Hodges Badge Company
- Apply the preferences you have chosen
If you set your browser to refuse all cookies, please contact us directly to place your order.
We use pixel tags, a short snippet of code, to tell us how you use our website and help us share the products and content you're most interested in. Pixel tags also enable us to send you email in a format you can read and let us know when you have opened an email message from us.
Sharing Your Information
Some of our services require us to share your information with other companies, who we partner with closely to ensure your privacy stays protected. These services include:
- Service Providers. We may share your information with service providers where necessary to complete a transaction you have requested. For example, when you make a purchase, payment processors and shippers will have access to your payment and shipping information
- IT Service Providers. We share information with Service Providers to operate, understand and improve our website. We may share information (including unique identifiers) with third-party marketing platforms as described below.
- Marketing Service Providers. To market our products more effectively we contract with Service Providers that provide marketing services including email, search and shopping services, display advertising, direct mail marketing, printing, data and marketing analytics. We use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements on our behalf. These companies may use a cookie or similar technology to tailor the advertisements you see, to track your response to their advertisement and to measure the effectiveness of their advertising. We may also provide these companies with Personal Information to help them serve more relevant advertisements on our behalf.
- Where necessary to comply with the law. We may share any information when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary in order to protect our rights or to comply with any judicial or administrative proceeding, court or governmental order, or legal process served on us, such as a subpoena. We may also share information when we believe in good faith that such sharing is necessary to prevent fraud or other illegal activity, or to prevent harm.
- Corporate Asset Transactions. If we may sell, buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses, or sell some or all our assets, any information we hold may be among the transferred assets and may be shared during due diligence leading up to any transfer.
- Consent. We may share information about you in any other circumstance in which we have your consent, or to provide you with a service you have requested.
Whenever possible, we are happy to honor changes or preferences you may have regarding your information including:
- Updating Your Information: You can update your name, address, telephone number, or email address through My Account or by contacting us. To protect your privacy, we will confirm your identity before updating or reviewing your information
- Hodges Badge Catalogs: You may change your catalog preferences by contacting us. Because catalogs are planned in advance, you may still receive mailings while we process your request.
- Hodges Badge Emails: You may unsubscribe from our promotional emails using the link provided at the bottom of each email, through My Account, or by contacting us. Because emails are planned in advance, you may still receive mailings while we process your request. To serve you best, you will continue to receive important emails about recent transactions, including orders and returns, even if you choose not to receive promotional emails.
- Personalized Advertising: We use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements on our behalf. These companies may use a cookie or similar technology to tailor the advertisements you see, to track your response to their advertisement and to measure the effectiveness of their advertising. We may also provide these companies with Personal Information to help them serve more relevant advertisements on our behalf. You can learn more about targeted advertising, its benefits and your choices by going to http://www.aboutads.info/consumers/. The targeted advertising companies we work with are members of the Network Advertising Initiative. The NAI allows you to limit targeted advertising from its members by using an opt-out tool available on the NAI website Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
Links to other Web Sites
Occasionally we link to other websites, including nonprofits that we support. These sites have their own privacy and security policies. If you choose to navigate to another website through our links, we encourage you to review their policies.
We care greatly about the security of your information and are committed to protecting it against loss, misuse, or unauthorized access. We do this using a variety of the best Information Security technologies and processes. For example, we use encryption or hashing when receiving or transmitting your information. Read more about our security practices.
European Union Residents
Under European Data Protection Laws (EU GDPR) you have the right to ask us for a copy of any personal data that you have provided to us or that we maintain about you and to request an explanation about the processing. In addition, you have the right to withdraw any consent previously granted or to request correction, amendment, restriction, anonymization or deletion of your personal data; and to obtain the personal data you provide with your consent or in connection with a contract in a structured, machine readable format and to ask us to transfer this data to another data controller.
In certain cases, these rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests to keep.
If you wish to take advantage of any of your rights related to the European Union Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), such as the Right to Erasure (otherwise known as the "Right to be Forgotten"), please contact us directly and we will be happy to assist you.
Nevada law gives Nevada consumers the right to request that a company not sell their personal information. This right applies even if their personal information is not currently being sold. If you are a Nevada consumer and wish to exercise this right, please contact us.
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the CCPA) provides consumers who are California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information, for more info click here.